[Ansteorra-archery] Marshals for Gulf War XIII

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Fri Jan 9 09:37:07 PST 2004

Greetings All,

Per the Gulf Wars treaties, each kingdom is responsible for
providing marshals proportionate to the number of
fighters/participants they have  at the war.  Marshals are needed
for all marshallate activities.

Combat Archery requires a great deal of work at the war.  We need CA
marshals to staff inspection points throughout the week and to
marshal during the battles.  These are of critical importance.

Likewise, the target archery range is open every day 9AM to 5PM and
needs 3 marshals staffing it at all times.  Ansteorra is responsible
for our fair share of those marshals so we need Target Archery
marshals to volunteer to work shifts.  They are hoping to encourage
people to work half-day or 4 hours shifts at the target archery range.

Finally since many of you are also interested in Thrown Weapons
please remember that the Thrown Weapons range is open during the
same hours and provisions as the Target Archery Range.  HL Wil
Ironwyrm is responsible for coordinating Ansteorra's Thrown Weapons
activities so contact him if you can help with Thrown Weapons.

Any shifts that you work count as volunteer hours.  This means that
not only do you accumulate credit to help us win the Volunteer War
Point but you also earn tickets to enter in the the volunteer prize
raffle at the end of the week and you earn money for Ansteorra and
your branch (who whatever SCA entity you specify).

I am also looking for an experienced Target Archery Marshal to serve
as my deputy to help serve as Ansteorra's coordinator on the Target
Archery Range.  This would entail some daily presence at the archery
range.  This is one area where we have been severely lacking in the
past and a wonderful opportunity to really make a difference.

If you are willing and able to help with archery marshallate
endeavors at Gulf War please contact me and lets get you signed up
for a shift.  I know everyone wants to go to Gulf War to play and
have fun but without responsible people running these activities
nobody gets to have fun.  The more volunteers we have the easier it
is for everyone.

In Service,

--
HL Eadric Anstapa