Archery Marshals was Re: [Ansteorra-archery] combat archery authorization expiring

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Sun Jan 18 16:16:36 PST 2004

Bob Dewart wrote:

> It is so nice to have things on line, in print.  That way when old
> men's minds forget things they can go look them up again.
>
> I thought that by vertue of their office, a local archery marshal was
> a supervising marshal.  Well, not according to what's on line now.
> They aren't even require to be a "marshal", just make sure one is
> there if there's to be any shooting.  Well,,,ok.
>
> Gilli
> Shoot more arrows.  You're bound to hit something.

Actually, they are required to me a "marshal" first.  Or in other words,
before they can be a branch marshal they must first the authorized as an
archery marshal.

At http://archery.ansteorra.org  go to the manuals and reference pag and
look for the document titled "*Duties of Ansteorran Archery Marshals
<http://archery.ansteorra.org/files/duties.pdf>"   . *
Look at the section for *Branch/Local Archery Marshal*  and at paragraph
*2* in that section.  You will find the following:

2. Branch Archery Marshals are encouraged to authorize as both as a
Target Archery
Supervising Marshal and as a Missile Combat Authorizing Marshal. _They
must have at least
one of these two authorizations before they will be allowed to take office._

That section needs to be updated.  Actually the document needs to be
updated because as of the newly printed authorization cards our
marshallate classification has changed slightly.  We still have the
Target Archery Supervising Marshal  classification  but there are now
two types of CA amarshal auths.  They are called  "Missile Combat
Marshal" and "Missile Combat Authorizing Marshal".  Bacially we just
replaced "combat archery"  with "missile combat"  to bring us in line
with most of the rest of the known world and to more accurate reflect
what the marshal is supposed to actually do.  We added the simple
"Missile Combat Marshal"  so that not all of our MC marshals would be
authorizing marshals..

Thanks for remiding me that I need to update that document.

--

HL Eadric Anstapa
Ansteorra
eadric at scabrewer.com