[Ansteorra-archery] A new tournament at AoB

Sylvrfalcn at aol.com Sylvrfalcn at aol.com
Mon Jun 21 06:43:25 PDT 2004

Since we're not shooting the Royal Huntsman tourney at AoB, we've decided to
trot out a horse of a different color. Think for a minute about who in the
medieval period would be the exact opposite, the antithesis, of the Royal
Huntsman. Why, the Champion of the Poachers of course! Poachers were common in
period, and many were excellent bowmen, in spite of their precarious legal status.
So, just for grins, we will be holding a tournament, shot exclusively at animal
targets, to pick the Champion of the Poachers. Should be a lot of fun, and oh
by the way, one of the prizes for that shoot will be a handcarved wooden long
bow, with a hand twisted Flemish string, made by yours truly. If you're
wondering how it shoots, just take a gander at the IKAC period longbow division
rankings :-)

Yours in Service,
Robert of Yorkshire