[Ansteorra-archery] Re: Youth Archery: Slight change in subject

jspinks at ix.netcom.com jspinks at ix.netcom.com
Tue May 4 06:37:33 PDT 2004

Well said points.  It is one of the reasons that the archery ranges at Warlord are almost continually open with shooters.  Last year and this year there are also Novice level shoots for those of less experience or skill.  We have not offered a youth shoot this year although most of the youth are encouraged to shoot in the Bowman (novice) shoot.  In fact I have personnally invited 4 teens from local Venture Scout groups that have an interest.  Such sponsorship was the prize at a shoot that Lady Linet and I ran for the Ventures a while back.  The two young ladies managed to nail an apple off of Wee Willies head at 20 yds so of course a couple of the young men had to do the same.  I am sponsoring all four in the Bowman (novice) shoot.

You have good points here.  I personnally would like to see more novice shoots at various events since it gives those of less skill or experience a chance to come out on top.  This year, for example, House Arkham is sponsoring the Warlord Bowmans (novice) Tourney with a prize of a 40# Hickory Longbow and period arrows.   I am not sure there have been any other novice shoots in the kingdom this year.   If there have been I would like to hear of them.

Jaque de Aix