[Ansteorra-archery] Re: Youth Archery: Slight change in subject

Harry Bilings humble_archer at hotmail.com
Tue May 4 17:07:37 PDT 2004

You might want to be careful with the 4 - H er's. There are some in B/CS that can shoot with our best. They are "just" 4 - H er's , but last summer one of the top archers in the US sot with they for two or three weeks so they know what the really good archers can do and are not afraid of them.
plachoya
humble archer
Ravens Fort Ansteorra
  snip

    In fact I have personnally invited 4 teens from local Venture Scout groups that have an interest.  Such sponsorship was the prize at a shoot that Lady Linet and I ran for the Ventures a while back.  The two young ladies managed to nail an apple off of Wee Willies head at 20 yds so of course a couple of the young men had to do the same.  I am sponsoring all four in the Bowman (novice) shoot.

  You have good points here.  I personnally would like to see more novice shoots at various events since it gives those of less skill or experience a chance to come out on top.  This year, for example, House Arkham is sponsoring the Warlord Bowmans (novice) Tourney with a prize of a 40# Hickory Longbow and period arrows.   I am not sure there have been any other novice shoots in the kingdom this year.   If there have been I would like to hear of them.

  Jaque de Aix