[Ansteorra-archery] Royal Rounds - Youth?

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Thu May 13 09:45:03 PDT 2004

Bob Dewart (gilli at hot.rr.com) said something that sounded like:
> Then why, if the average is how you are shooting now, do you keep your
> highest tassle; the one you got three years ago?  If keeping the average is
> such a time consuming ordeal, why make it a yearly thing?  Think of it as
> the more real, awards; such as a Knight.  Once achieved you're a Knight for
> ever, reguardless if you ever win a tourney or even fight again.

Maybe I'm confused. I thought that they said that once you achieved a
rank you keep it, just as the Knights do. If I never shoot again after
getting a rank, I am still that "title". A "seasonal" status of how
fighters (or archers) are doing is something that let's us know the
current state as opposed to what someone did in the past.

I admit that I don't shoot RR for many reasons, but I'd hate to think
that if I shoot a RR every other year that I'd have an average after 6
years.

Ciao,

--
Phelim "Pug" Gervase   | "I know that I will never be politically correct
Bryn Gwlad - Ansteorra |  I don't give a damn about my lack of etiquette