[Ansteorra-archery] Middleford needs a new archery marshal?

Sylvrfalcn at aol.com Sylvrfalcn at aol.com
Thu Nov 25 07:58:19 PST 2004

  IF, Arcus Majoris Gilbert Ost Wesly had decided to voluntarily step down as
Middleford's archery marshal, for whatever reason, then I would have been
equally inclined to voluntarily step up. However, the fact that he's being
involuntarily pressured out of the office does not at all sit well with me.
  Indeed, I find it nothing short of shameful, to treat in such manner,
someone  who has done, and is doing, good service for the archery community in this
kingdom. If such is the fashion in which Ansteorra invests loyalty and
bestows gratitude, then my spirit is brought low by the realization.
  There are those who assume that the vacated office of archery marshall will
be quickly filled, but I tell you this in earnest, no archer who keeps faith
with his own honor would covet an office gained through dishonorable
enterprise, or to further some obscure political agenda. I do not underestimate the
archers of this shire when I credit them with honor, integrity, and loyalty.
Would that such fruit could be harvested elsewhere.
  Small wonder that Middleford has literally been brought to it's knees by
people outside the shire playing their little games with it. When the people of
a shire cease to have any say, then truly, it's not their shire any more.  Why
then, should they continue to support it by becoming opinonless pawns and
lackeys? Burn me for blasphemy if you like, but if the truth stings, then my
arrow has found it's proper mark.

In Service,
Robert of Yorkshire