[Ansteorra-archery] the future ??

Alden Drake alden_drake at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 1 05:49:12 PDT 2005

I agree with JP here.  It is for the branch to decide how they wish to be best represented by
their champions.  If they have a list of ten qualifiers to compete, that's their choice.
Likewise, we have a choice in what competitions we wish to compete in.

We also have the freedom to play the game the way we choose, so long as we adhere to the
requirements we encounter along the way.  If you believe you should only be one group's champion
at a time - fine.  If you see no harm in holding multiple titles - fine.  You will always find
someone who disagrees with you if you look hard enough.  As long as you don't try to force me to
play your game, we'll get a long just fine. :)

I have the following philosophy on the subject:  I will hold any number of non-baronial level
championship, that I am fortunate enough to win, without issue.  If I hold a baronial level title,
I will consult the B&Bs of the baronies in question before I enter into another baronial
competition in which I am competing to win.  For example, I am currently the Titled Bard of the
Barony of Loch Soilleir.  I competed in Steppes Bardic, but had no intention of winning, so I did
not consult with the B&Bs of the Loch and Steppes.  In December, I will compete in Stargate Bardic
and since I would like to win that one, I will consult with the B&Bs of both groups to make sure
they are agreeable to my holding both titles if I am so fortunate.  Granted, the Loch and Stargate
are very close neighbors, and currently share several champions, it is still a point of courtesy
on my part to consult with them.

In service,
Alden Drake