[Ansteorra-archery] the future??

Sylvrfalcn@aol.com Sylvrfalcn at aol.com
Fri Jul 1 10:27:24 PDT 2005

Fellow archers,
  Been following along on this topic, and thought I'd toss in my rather
devalued two cents. If everybody wants their champion to be a local person (not
convinced at this point that's the case) then what's the problem? Hold a "Locals
Only" tournament at a non-calendar event or archery practice to choose your
"Champion". Keep the real tournaments really competitve, e.g. "may the best
archer win".
  Best of both worlds, you get your champion, and other archers remain
motivated to attend calendar events and compete to the best of their abilities.
Honor, chivalry, loyalty, and fealty aside, if you aren't shooting to win, then
what's the point of shooting at all?

Cheers,
Robert of Yorkshire