[Ansteorra-archery] Other fun stuff

Lady Einin Ciarnait little_dragon_0861 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 2 08:52:24 PDT 2005

Hi,
I wasnt trying to throw a monkey wrench in the works...it was just a question;0
Einin

Susan Hill <sueorintx at hotmail.com> wrote:
Disabled archers are of course accomodated. It arguably gives a crossbowmen
an advantage to shoot from a sitting or kneeling position because they can
steady their aim more easily. My personal thing is that it is
physiologically more tiring to have to stand rather than sit or kneel so in
a competition, I ask for crossbows to stand so that they don't have an
advantage over bows in that way. If all archers trained to shoot sitting and
could do so, I would have no problems requiring all bows or crossbows to sit
or stand, but for those using the longbow...it could be a distinct problem,
depending on the length of the bow. We do have people shoot in competitions
from wheelchairs/scooters, and I have had one archer use a little stool
because she had problems standing for long periods. There is no problem
whatsoever in that, but when there is an advantage to be had, we attempt to
keep the field as even as possible. Royal Rounds, by themselves are not
considered competition. When we shoot them at our practices, Einan, you will
see crossbows kneeling, sitting, or standing. It is only in competition that
you will see changes like this.

Lyneya de Grey