[Ansteorra-archery] Just whittlin' away

Sylvrfalcn at aol.com Sylvrfalcn at aol.com
Sun Mar 6 17:56:31 PST 2005

Hickory bow stave from www.rudderbows.com; thirty bucks plus shipping

Homemade cabinet scraper, ground from a rusty old file from the flea market;
fifty cents

White poplar board from Lowe's hardware to make a tillering jig; two and a
half bucks

Crafting yet another beautiful long bow with my own two hands; PRICELESS

Become your own bowyer, and when people say, "that bow shoots like it was
made for you", just nod and give 'em your best smile. A word of caution though,
you'll learn to love the smell of fresh wood shavings, heaped on the floor all
around you. I daresay I've become rather addicted to it ;-)

Cheers,
Robert of Yorkshire