[Ansteorra-archery] response - Congratulations, it's a bow

Ferguson ferg620 at austin.rr.com
Fri Mar 25 12:49:20 PST 2005

Robert,

My two cents worth:  AoB is great, and the last one was really good but, I
also prefer separate bow making classes.  Some of our interested bowers are
retired and we could travel around the country to attend bow making classes,
but if you are willing to present the classes locally, why spend the gas and
time traveling? also all members could attend.

I would think that SCA members within the Kingdom of Ansteorra - Middleford
and Bryn Gwlad will fill the class but, if you want more students I will be
happy to invite members of the Austin Archery Club, Hill Country Bowhunters
Club, Boy Scouts, TPWD, etc..  I know of several people outside the SCA who
are looking for such classes so they could go back and teach their members.

Perhaps both - Separate and SCA events:  You could conduct the classes
separately and Sunday have a small SCA sponsored event.  The House Dragon
Tower could have another mini-tournament or kids tournament or maybe a
selfbow tournament.

What ever works best for you and Gillie.

Thanks again,  Fergus d'Onray