[Ansteorra-archery] An Offer

Phocas of Bordermarch phocas at anderson-studio.com
Wed May 25 10:47:18 PDT 2005

Lady Pamela of Bordermarch,
        I, Like Robert, have done a lot of research on the internet, and
purchased several book.  I've not made as many bows as he, but I will be
making a few this summer and would be pleased to share my knowledge (and
garage/tools- if needed).  I'm currently still shooting the Maple board bow
you saw last year at Baronials. Taking it to Steppes Warlord this weekend.

  Wish I was available to go to Bowyerton- I'd give you and Caradoc a ride-
but they picked a weekend I can't get off work- I have to go shoot about 300
Seniors....

Pamela or anyone else looking to learn to make bows - nothing beats hands on
and seeing it in a class (and getting to eat Gilli's cooking in-between is
just Icing on the cake!), get or borrow a copy of "The Bent Stick" by
Comstock.  Small "book" but packed with good, direct, to the point info and
do's & Don'ts.    Once you've read that, if you want more- go into the
Bowyer's Bible series.

In Service to Our Kingdom,
   Barony Bordermarch and the Dream!
Lord Phocas of Bordermarch,OSTB