[Ansteorra-archery] Re: Elfsea Spring Fair

Travis J. luminosow at hotmail.com
Thu May 19 09:33:14 PDT 2005

22 Archers on the List.
2 Shoots, the primary event list, and a fund raiser shoot (to help Elfsea
purchase a metal detector for our new range).

The primary shoot consisted of:
4 targets with small animals at various ranges
1 target with playing cards attached to it, highest cards in the center,
lower cards towards the outside, scored by "poker hand" rules (this target
ended up being the deciding factor in the tourney)
4 targets making up a standard Royal Round.

I apologize but I do not know the name of the lady that won.

The fund raiser shoot was $1 a round and consisted of:
A target with playing cards attached to it, cards placed randomly on the
target.

Sir Romanas and myself tied, each of us with a 10-high straight.  I had the
higher 6th arrow with an Ace, but you can't have 6 cards in a hand of poker.
  So the winner was decided upon in court.  At morning court Sir Romanas had
paid his taxes to their Excellencies, part of which consisted a "boneless
cow" (big stuffed animal cow).  So the winner was decided upon by "cow
flipping".  I was allowed the call, and called "belly down", the cow was
tossed, flew through the air, rolled on the ground, and came to a stop,
right side up. :)

Lord Lughaidh Mac Sheóinín, Master Moo Moo of cow flipping. :P