[Ansteorra-archery] Period or not? anyone?

David Ruff davidsbox01 at yahoo.com
Mon May 16 06:49:33 PDT 2005

I have seen some of the footed arrow shafts that archers make and it got me to tinkering with some cedar and walnut this weekend. The end product was 6 footed crossbow bolts. I footed the tips about 2.5 to 3" and then put a end cap on the bolt as well. Added 3 fletch with the cock feather being a split color fletch. Quite a pretty set in high gloss tung oil and they fly real well.

Anyways, i never have found doc's on anything footed for crossbows, i know in a war quarrel the missile was fire and forget but what about target shooting? some of the target bolts i have seen were quite impressive - but never footed.

Anyone?

Ulrich