[Ansteorra-archery] Archer's Revel and Membership Drive

Sylvrfalcn at aol.com Sylvrfalcn at aol.com
Thu Sep 29 16:01:03 PDT 2005

In a message dated 9/29/2005 5:07:28 PM Central Standard Time,
rjt at softwareinnovation.com writes:

Not to rain on your parade, but if you set a minimum, it  is not a donation,
but a site fee. If you say "We need at least $5/adult to  cover our costs, but
pay what you can", you probably have a  donation.

Sounds like fun.

In service,
Caelin on  Andrede

Good point,
  I was kind of scratching my head about that one too. But, not to  worry,
for every "problem" there's a solution, here's a couple. No so called  site fee,
but I might very well be willing to raffle off one of my handmade  longbows,
and, one of my handmade 15th century knives with a tooled leather  scabbard.
Raffle tickets would probably be about two bucks a pop for a chance at  these
items, with the option to buy as many tickets as you like. Also, no free  lunch
this go around, have to talk to Gilli, but I imagine it would shake out
something like this; Guests would have a choice of A: bringing their own food,  B:
paying one price for the "full meal deal", which includes breakfast,  lunch,
and dinner, or C: dining "A la carte", basically paying for meals  separately
as they go. Just my suggestion, Gilli may have other ideas as to
methodology/pricing.
  Again, the intent, in addition to lots of shooting, and lots of  cool
classes, is a membership drive, so all proceeds collected will go  toward
purchasing SCA memberships. Applicants for membership will need to sign  up for the
drawing that will be held, so obviously only folks that show up/sign  up will be
considered.
  One last point, that may sound a bit repetitious, even negative to  some,
but still needs to be made absolutely clear. This is a PRIVATE  event, in no
way affiliated with the local SCA branch, the Shire of  Middleford. Therefore
Middleford has absolutely zero claim to any funds  generated, or fun generated
for that matter ;-)   Hate to be that way,  but you also need to know they were
given first crack at hosting this thing, and  chose, for their own reasons,
not to. Their loss, potentially a handful of newly  paid SCA members' gain.

Cheers,
Robert of Yorkshire