[Ansteorra-archery] [Bryn-gwlad] BG Archery Practice CANCELLED until further notice

brandtfamily at sprintmail.com brandtfamily at sprintmail.com
Sun Nov 26 14:40:44 PST 2006

I have confirmed that Round Rock does indeed have a City Ordinance that
requires any "Archery Range to have a city permit. The ordinance has
been in effect singe 1993. The process and requirements for obtaining
that permit make it impossible for us to get the permit. You would have
to own the land to be able to meet all their stringent range safety
requirements to get a permit.

I am open to suggestions for new sites, preferably an offer to set up
on private land outside of the city limits, We have discussed the
possibility of using indoor ranges like Archery Country, but those all
charge an hourly fee to use the range, and most, if not all, such
indoor ranges do not allow crossbows. The outdoor range for the Austin
Archery Club likewise does not allow crossbows at all. I have heard of
one indoor range in Georgetown that may allow crossbows, but again,
that would require each participant to pay an hourly range fee.

Regards,
HLS Jason of Rosaria
BG Target Archery Marshal