[Ansteorra-archery] Crossbow Binding

Chuck Kaun jack_a_lope31 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 7 00:30:46 PDT 2008

Jute or hemp twine works too.  If you are at Brewing on Saturday, I will show you.

Karl Thorgeirsson> Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 23:10:34 -0500> From: eadric at scabrewer.com> To: ansteorra-archery at lists.ansteorra.org> Subject: Re: [Ansteorra-archery] Crossbow Binding> > Donnchadh Beag mac Griogair wrote:> > Greetings,> >> > The binding on my combat crossbow is getting pretty loose and I need > > to re-do it. What would be the best material to use and does anyone > > have a good source? Also, does anyone know of a good how-to article > > or will someone be at Round Table who might be able to show me? I > > need to get it done before Gothic and unfortunately I won't be able to > > make it to Eldern Hills for the practice this weekend.> >> > Thanks,> > Donnchadh> > Good article on Binding prods can be found at:> > http://hightowercrossbows.com/bindinghowto.htm> > Whatever ya use to bind it should be a low stretch as you can get. What > Bart uses in the article is the Handy Hundred polyester braid. See > http://www.rwrope.com/knot_tyers/twine_cord.htm> > That same page has waxed whipping twine which is another good thing to > use. Also sometimes called waxed sail twine or waxed marine twine. > It's a poly twine. Any suitably heavy poly twine should work well. > Some prefer waxed twine as it has a tendency to "lock" in better.> > JP uses waxed telco lacing twine which is another strong waxed poly twine.> > Or go to your local Tandy Leather factory store and get some > appropriately heavy waxed stitching/twine/cord made from poly.> > Remember nylon stretches. Poly usually has near zero stretch.> > -EA> > _______________________________________________> Ansteorra-archery mailing list> Ansteorra-archery at lists.ansteorra.org> http://lists.ansteorra.org/listinfo.cgi/ansteorra-archery-ansteorra.org