[Ansteorra-archery] Combat Archery - New Society Marshallate Ruling

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Sun Aug 10 21:22:14 PDT 2008

Marlin and Amanda Stout wrote:
> Eadric Anstapa wrote:
>>
> No, I'm not confusing anything. I asked for a clarification so I'm
> /not/ confused, since the wording wasn't, IMO, clearly written.

Charles,  I read it over again  and I get your point and I think I
understand where the confusion came in.

Down in the explanation section it says:

    "/At Pennsic in the Town Battle on Wednesday, there were 4 incidents
    of foam/tape penetrating helms that were reported.  Yes, 4 in one
    battle.  Two of them resulted in minor injury.  One was a busted
    blood vessel in an eye, the other resulted in a bruise (black eye).
    All of these penetrations happened to be _UHMW/RubberStopper style
    ammo_.  In one case, the rubber stopper itself had penetrated a bit./"

What exactly is  "UHMW/RubberStopper style ammo"?

There is no such thing.  That statement could certainly cause some
confusion.  It is _not _legal for rubber stoppers to be used as the
padding on the front of UHMW cored blunts.  That paragraph does indeed
read as if some sort of experimental or illegal ammo was being used  and
that the whole combat archery  populace is paying for that mistake.

I have spoken with the Society CA Marshal and he has confirmed for me
that was a typo on his part.  That should have read        /All of these
penetrations happened to be _*Siloflex/RubberStopper* style ammo_./  Or
in other words normal Omarad style blunts.

Regards,

-EA