[Ansteorra-archery] Combat Archery - NewSocietyMarshallateRuling

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Thu Aug 14 16:19:11 PDT 2008

Ken Theriot wrote:

> Thanks JP.  It seems clear to me in the description of the new rule,
> but I think it would be helpful if someone were to post a few pics
> somewhere of a before and after (perhaps a "during" as well).  Has
> that been done anywhere in the SCA yet that you know of?
>

> Thanks again.
>

> Kenneth

With th exception that out solid UHMW cores are smaller the construction
is now the same as making a Fellwalker style blunt.

For our UHMW blunts the UHMW rod is 1.25" in diameter and the blunts
itself is 1" long with 1/2" of solid UHMW in front of the shaft and 1/2"
deep socket for the shaft.

A heavy or Fellwalker blunt the UHMW rod is also 1.25" in diameter but
the blunts itself is 2" long with 1 full inch of solid UHMW in front of
the shaft and 1" deep socket for the shaft.

Our light blunt cores look like this
http://www.flatbow.com/UHMW/UHMW_dim.gif
or
http://www.flatbow.com/UHMW/UHMWside.jpg

Fellwalker blunt cores look like this
http://marshal.ansteorra.org/archery/graphics/Heavyblunt.jpg

So use our light UHMW cores and pd them like a Fellwalker with the
sidewrap.  You can find good instrctions for Fellwalker bolt
construction at:
http://www.cs.usu.edu/~watson/artemisiaca/fellwalkerHow.htm
<http://www.cs.usu.edu/%7Ewatson/artemisiaca/fellwalkerHow.htm>
Just skip down to the padding section.