[Ansteorra-archery] Combat Archery - New SocietyMarshallateRuling

Chuck Kaun jack_a_lope31 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 14 14:40:09 PDT 2008

Is there any reason we cant use 1.5" UHMW plastic and instead of wrapping them, use a plumbers wrap?  You know, the stuff they put around pipes and blowdry shrink it?  I dont know about you, but adding steps to any building process gives another level of complexity to screw up on.  Jeeze, the old wood core arrows werent this bad.  Hmmm...thats a thought.  Pipe insulators are closed cell foam arent they?

Also, who has UHMW crossbow bolts for sale?  I could use about 100 or so of them?  All I need is the bare head and shafts. Ill build my own

Thanks,

Karl Thorgeirsson

From: kentheriot at ravenboymusic.comTo: ansteorra-archery at lists.ansteorra.orgDate: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 14:20:05 -0500Subject: Re: [Ansteorra-archery] Combat Archery - New SocietyMarshallateRuling

OK.  Good advice.  Thanks!

So what are folks using to wrap the UHMW heads?  I have a little bit of .25-in. padding that came with sticky stuff on the back.  That seems like it would work.  If only I had enough of it!

Kenneth

From: Paul Thorne [mailto:paul.v.thorne at gmail.com] Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2008 1:32 PMTo: Archery within the Kingdom of AnsteorraSubject: Re: [Ansteorra-archery] Combat Archery - New SocietyMarshallateRuling

Well, as the old saying goes, "the only constant is change".  As Engenulf points out the baldar blunts are more than likely going to be no longer available as Duke Baldar has stated he is getting out of the blunt business.  The UHMW blunt has a lot going for it and this is a minor change to make in the scope of things.-JP