[Ansteorra-archery] Foam for side wraps

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Tue Aug 19 16:24:37 PDT 2008

Diane Taylor wrote:
> In the interest of keeping this whole thing a bit less technical, can we use the Camping pads from Walmart as padding?  I'm currently using a roll of it for padding on a few other things.
>
> Would that work?  *chuckling*  Sorry, but all the scientific names was giving me a slight headache.
>
> See ya next time,
>
> Diane Taylor

Sure ya could.  Lots of people use that for padding on blunts.  However,
the quality is variable and it breaks down more quickly than better
foams so those of us with LOTS of ammo like to use better foam so that
we have less maintenance.

Since my original message specifically addressed foam for side wraps,
while you could use this foam for side wraps it is not something I would
want to do.  These foam pads are 3/8" thick so if you use that for side
wraps the resultant blunt will be 2" or larger in diameter.

Regards,

-EA