[Ansteorra-archery] The Challenge

Ulf Gunnarsson ulfie at cox.net
Mon Feb 11 17:59:40 PST 2008

Eadric Anstapa wrote:
> FYI, our archers here have melee events in Ravens Fort and Seawinds the
> next two weeks and then Gulf War all of which we serve as the marshals
> in charge of various archery activities.  The in April we have
> Shadowlands, Stargate and Loch Baronials, and Bordermarch Baronials.
> May will also be a busy event month for some of us as well.  It'll be
> June and coastal summer sauna like conditions before we probably get
> many more IKAC scores recorded and I hope ya'll have a comfortable lead
> by then.

We only had four people prepared for an IKAC yesterday.  Eadric should
have received a CC of the scores I sent to the Keeper.

As we shoot on Sunday afternoons, there is opportunity for shooting when
we get home from a nearby event, and I plan to be at the range this
weekend.  We may shoot an IKAC if there is enough interest.  Otherwise
we can work on other shooting or just plain practice.

Let me extend an invitation to other nearby groups to join us.  Having
three targets, each at the correct range, we can throw a Royal Round at
the drop of a hat.  If you want to drop by and get an away score, come
on up, down, or over.  Email me in advance if the weather looks iffy.
Our rule of thumb is to not shoot if the wind chill is below 40 degrees.

We've recently combined all of our marshal practices, so if your spouse
wants to get some fighting in, they will not be bored while you shoot.

Have fun!

Ulf