[Ansteorra-archery] [Ansteorra-missile] New Archer Prepping for war

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Wed Feb 27 14:37:40 PST 2008

Mike Wyvill wrote:

>     Then am I required to now have am Armored Combat authorization to
>     use throwing maces?
>
>     EdV

My understanding is no, in Ansteorra you are not required to have an
Armored Combat authorization to use a _*thrown*_ mace.

Ansteorra has traditionally allowed combat archers to use thrown weapons
in combat.  If it that is no longer the case it sure wasn't well
communicated.  Therefore my assumption is that Combat Archer are still
allowed to use thrown weapons.

When the concept of "Thrust and Throw" types of weapons came about it
was made very clear that Combat Archers could use them as THROWN or
ranged weapons but that we required a standard Armored Combat Sword &
Board type of authorization to thrust/hit/block with them.

Authorization, how it is handled, and who is allowed to do what with
whatever authorization is handled at the Kingdom Level and not at the
Society level.  So if things have changed the word needs to come from
our Kingdom Missile Marshal or Kingdom Earl Marshal.  Until I receive
such word otherwise I am going to continue to cover thrown weapons as
part of my CA authorization process.

Regards,

-EA