[Ansteorra-archery] [Ansteorra-missile] New Archer Prepping for war

John Moore iaenmor at swbell.net
Wed Feb 27 20:59:47 PST 2008

Hmm, did some digging in the latest Ansteorran Participants Handbook.

Section VII Missile Combat Appendix.

2. OTHER MISSILE WEAPONS
General Rules:
a. A missile shall not contain any material, such as beans, sand, etc.,
which
could enter the eyes if the missile came loose or broke.
b. All missile weapons shall be marked with the name of their user or maker.
For interkingdom wars they shall also be marked with the name of the
kingdom to make it easier to locate the maker/user of the weapons.
Hand Thrown Missiles:
c. Hand thrown missiles may include, but are not limited to: axes, throwing
knives, etc.
d. Hand thrown missiles shall not exceed two pounds in weight. They should
have progressive give similar to a legal javelin head. Lighter weight
missiles
may have less progressive give.

I do believe that throwing maces do come under this section.  If so than
they are legal for Missile Combatants. It also further states that
Missile Combatants using javelins, throwing axes and maces and what not
may use archers gauntlets or demi gauntlets.  Too switch to a full
Armoured Combatant roll you must either change your hand protection or
use an approved style of basket hilt.

In short Mike, yes you may use the throwing maces but maintain adequate
range and be careful of your hands.  Just remember they are gleanable
and can be thrown back at you.  :o)

Iaen