[Ansteorra-archery] [Ansteorra-missile] New Archer Prepping for war

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Wed Feb 27 21:25:06 PST 2008

Yes, but the up in the main body of the handbook it tells you:

/For convenience the entire SCA Missile Combat Rules of the SCA
Marshal's Handbook
(http://www.sca.org/officers/marshal/combat/archery/missile_combat_plus_supplement.pdf)
and all pertinent Handbook updates
(http://www.sca.org/officers/marshal/combat/archery/index.html) through
December 2006 are included below in Section 11 - VII.  In case of
conflict, the version maintained on the SCA  marshallate site supersedes
the version in the appendix.  /

But as I said, what you find down there in Section 11 is NOT a reprint
of the corporate rules but is instead the old Ansteorran rules with some
hacking done to it.

The current corporate rules for Throwing Weapons in combat  are in the
Society Marshals Handbook at
http://www.sca.org/officers/marshal/combat/armored/marshal_handbook.pdf
In VII.E  on page 14.

Any reference to what they are calling the corporate rules for Missile
Weapons down in the Section 11 is wrong.  Since that section is wrong, I
simply refer to Section 5 of the CPH which says we use the corporate
missile combat rules with the noted changes.  For the corporate rules
thrown weapons are for the last 11 months covered in the SCA Marshals
handbook as referenced above.  Heck, I was the DSEM when we rewrote them
and moved em into the main Marshals Handbook so I know exactly where
they are and what they say.

Regards,

-EA