[Ansteorra-archery] The Challenge -- was Re: Archery Practice this Sat Feb. 9.

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Tue Feb 5 08:48:50 PST 2008

ld.blackmoon wrote:
> ok, I'm old and forgetful , was the original challenge for total number of
> scores turned in or for highest score turned in or both , or what ??
> if it was for total number of scores turned in , I agree we should not add
> our scores as that would be cheating especially if it was supposed to be
> just between 2 local groups .

I wasn't that specific about what the details were.  I think it should
be almost all of the above.  The number of scores submitted should
count  because that shows raw activity, the highest scores submitted per
division should be examined, the high average per division (an average
in the IKAC sense of 3 high scores from 3 different people).  Lets just
shoot em, submit em, and at the end of the year see who done best.

> ulf , I would have to agree on the grounds that ( not counting gulf scores )
> he could reasonably call on the entire archery population of Houston ( 2
> baronies, a shire, and a canton ) ( not to mention several arya's that live
> down there )  and it could all be called local scores .geographically anyway
> ; )

Well calling on the the entire SCA archery population in Houston wont
get me much more.  There isn't a lot other down here.  Most of the
regular archers in the area play with Gates Edge.  Gate's Edge is the
ONLY regular SCA archery practice in the greater Houston area and I
think the ONLY regular archery practice in the Coastal Region.   I am of
course going to report ALL of the the scores recorded at my once a month
practice and I expect that Ulf is doing the same for all hist regular
practices.  If all the archers in Wiesenfeuer start going to the Namron
practice and recording scores then that is great, they fall into Ulf's
bucket while they are at his practice.  The same would hold true for
those of you elsewhere.  Go visit Ulf and shoot at his practice to drop
your scores in his bucket.
> is there any group in ansteorra that would be willing to challenge
> northkeeps small band of regular archers ???
> be forewarned .... there may only be a few of us ,but we are a hardy bunch,
> and we tend to rise to any challenge and 2 of us are students of those who
> have gained much fame and glory in the halls of the nobles !!!
> perhaps this will even bring us closer to our brother( and sister) archers
> in the far off reaches of this great kingdom : )
Arthur if you want in on the challenge then that's great.  Scores
recorded at the Northkeep weekly practice against the Gates Edge
practice.  We can just call it the Intra-Ansteorra-Archery-Competition
like Gilli used ta do.  At the end of the year we will look at what the
groups official IKAC average for each division would be.  We will take
on any other branch practice that wants to bring it.  Arthur, your in
the lead.

All you northern baronies just please remember that we are a poor little
coastal shire that can only afford monthly practices, that really quite
frankly dislike shooting IKAC rounds and had much rather shoot at
something more fun.  I just beg that you please don't stack the deck
further against us by deciding that you are all going to Namron  this
week to boost their scores and averages up, and to Weisenfuer next week
to boost theirs, and to Northkeep the next, etc.  Please treat us fairly
and remember I have no other group of archers in the Coastal region that
I can call on to come help.  I just have the people who already can
probably just barely stomach me no more than once a month.

When ya email your scoresheets to Lorenzo if you'll  CC em to me I'll
get em all in a spreadsheet and track em.

-EA