[Ansteorra-archery] The Challenge -- was Re: Archery Practice this Sat Feb. 9.

ld.blackmoon ld.blackmoon at cox.net
Tue Feb 5 01:24:25 PST 2008

greetings

>> Well actually the challenge was issued by me and intended as a challenge
> between my local archers (Gates Edge practice) to Ulf and the archers at
> the Namron practice.  His LOCAL participation against mine.  Ulf said he
> would get back to me if the archers of Namron decided they would accept
> the challenge...

ok, I'm old and forgetful , was the original challenge for total number of
scores turned in or for highest score turned in or both , or what ??
if it was for total number of scores turned in , I agree we should not add
our scores as that would be cheating especially if it was supposed to be
just between 2 local groups .

>> So Ulf, don't go gathering scores from all over the region and wherever
> you can record scores from lest you want me to do the same.  If we do
> that, since one of our local marshals, Leofwine, is the Marshal In
> Charge at Gulf War this year, I am going to count all the scores shot at
> war as going into my bucket.

ulf , I would have to agree on the grounds that ( not counting gulf scores )
he could reasonably call on the entire archery population of Houston ( 2
baronies, a shire, and a canton ) ( not to mention several arya's that live
down there )  and it could all be called local scores .geographically anyway
; )

besides , this way I don't have to be a dam_ed Yankee ; )

so , since we can't join in on this challenge ....    ; (

is there any group in ansteorra that would be willing to challenge
northkeeps small band of regular archers ???
be forewarned .... there may only be a few of us ,but we are a hardy bunch,
and we tend to rise to any challenge and 2 of us are students of those who
have gained much fame and glory in the halls of the nobles !!!
perhaps this will even bring us closer to our brother( and sister) archers
in the far off reaches of this great kingdom : )

if so , would you challenge our skill ( highest posted score in each div.
from members of our populace )
or would you challenge our stamina ( highest number of submitted scores ,
using score sheets as proof  )
or would you challenge our stamina ( highest number of submitted complete
score sheets, again using copies as proof )
or perhaps some combination thereof ??

be safe, be happy, have fun
arthur