[Ansteorra-archery] Royal Rounds and IKAC

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Thu Jan 17 13:34:35 PST 2008

Colin,  you do have a way to measure your standing in the larger archery
community.  The archery tournaments you attend and compete in allow you
to measure yourself against the other competitors.

It is a shame that the Bryn Gwlad range really isn't even suitable for
30 yards much less 40.  Unless that changes I am afraid that the archers
of Bryn Gwlad  are going to have a hard time ever keeping Royal Rounds
or IKAC submissions.  Most tournaments you attend are probably not going
to focus on a RR  or IKAC as the tournament.  Since an IKAC submission
has to run from start to end without straying to other shooting you can
not shoot part of an IKAC before the tournament, some during a
tournament, and more after the tournament.  The IKAC round has to run
start to finish without the archer shooting anything else during that
period and the majority of the tournaments will be pressed to
accommodate that.

Regards,

Eadric