[Ansteorra-archery] Royal Rounds and IKAC

ld.blackmoon ld.blackmoon at cox.net
Thu Jan 17 20:03:59 PST 2008

greetings

i'm sorry if i gave the impression that i was irked or being critical ,due
to people not shooting enough royal rounds , and ikacs .
this string started off half toungue in cheek , because every year were
bombarded with the same " war is coming " beat the trimarans " are the heavy
fighters ready, are the rapier fighters ready , are the combat archers ready
...and yet the little things even a broke old cuss like me can do , most of
the time , is turn in 1 score in an entire year .is it everyones favorite
shoot ? no will it ever be ? no . does it help train both skill and
endurance ? yes. does it show which kingdoms take pride in their target
archery standings , versus other kingdoms ?? who am i to say . is it a lot
of work ? yes .
but i have never seen an archery marshal in ansteorra that ran from hard
work !!! we spend hours planning shoots, then more hours running shoots ,
building targets & equipment , and more hours training ourselves and others
, not just for our local events , but at almost every event we attend .not
to mention lugging targets and safety ropes around as we set up  and tear
down ranges, standing and walking all day in the sun, or the hours spent
picking up peoples trash and butt's from around the range area , so we can
use the site again for other events.
again , if anyone has taken this the wrong way , i appologise !! in 25 years
in the sca , i have never met a dishonorable archery marshal !! most have
been infected with volunteeritis for many years

and eadric is correct , it also has to do with choices .
i hope that everyone will choose to do as jaque the spink and choose to
shoot ; )

be safe, be happy, have fun
arthur