[Ansteorra-archery] Royal Rounds and IKAC

Ulf Gunnarsson ulfie at cox.net
Thu Jan 17 21:03:49 PST 2008

I understand how shooting the standard competition target faces gets
boring.  That's why we occasionally throw in other things, just for fun.
It is amazing how much an archer's skill improves when he has a purple
dinosaur to shoot at!

ld.blackmoon wrote:
> i'm sorry if i gave the impression that i was irked or being critical ,due
> to people not shooting enough royal rounds , and ikacs .
> this string started off half toungue in cheek , because every year were
> bombarded with the same " war is coming " beat the trimarans " are the heavy
> fighters ready, are the rapier fighters ready , are the combat archers ready
> ...and yet the little things even a broke old cuss like me can do , most of
> the time , is turn in 1 score in an entire year .is it everyones favorite
> shoot ? no will it ever be ? no . does it help train both skill and
> endurance ? yes. does it show which kingdoms take pride in their target
> archery standings , versus other kingdoms ?? who am i to say . is it a lot
> of work ? yes .

It is more difficult to support Gulf War from up here where Arthur and I
live.  Much farther drive than you folks.  In fact, travel distances are
often brought up on the main list as a difficulty we all face.  Having
some friendly competition between groups and even kingdoms that doesn't
require someone to drive 15 hours allows newer people to get "the bug"
of archery.  It allows them to feel like they can contribute. And the
repetitive practice allows us to concentrate more on the conversation!!!
*grin*

Ulf