[Ansteorra-archery] IMPORTANT: Combat Archery Ruling (Baldar Blunts)

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Wed Jun 11 17:50:44 PDT 2008

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	IMPORTANT: Combat Archery Ruling (Baldar Blunts)
Date: 	Wed, 11 Jun 2008 20:32:47 -0400
From: 	Siegfried <SiegfriedFaust at gmail.com>

To all who receive this ... Please forward to any/all Combat Archery
mailing lists, archers, & Marshals.

After consultation with numerous officers & Society Earl Marshal
Hrothgar ... The following ruling is going into effect:

"Effective immediately, due to manufacturing issues, all one-piece
Baldar Blunts are banned from use on the field.  These are the style of
blunt that have been made for the last two years, that are all black and
from a single mold.  Baldar Blunts made of a two-piece mold are fine.
Marshals, when inspecting Baldar Blunts that are all-black, look for the
circumferential partition line that will exist on two-piece blunts and
fail any that do not exhibit this."

For reference (I will get some better pictures up later), here are some
photos I snagged from the web (Thanks NorthStar):

Old two-part mold blunts:
http://www.northstararchery.com/images/black_blunts.jpg

New one-part mold blunt:
http://www.northstararchery.com/images/Resized/NStar17.jpg

NOTE:  Duke Baldar has graciously offered to replace ALL one-piece mold
blunts with the older two-piece style at his cost.  Details of how to
effect said replacement will be posted on his website soon:
http://houseasgard.com/BaldarBlunts/

ALSO:  Just for your information, Duke Baldar has decided for various
reasons at this point, that other than the replacement batch for the
last 2 years worth of blunts, that he will not be making any more Baldar
Blunts.   All two-part blunts in service will remain legal in Society
Rules.  He is investigating switching over to providing UHMW style
blunts instead in the future.

Again, please forward this email to all CA mailing lists & Marshals to
ensure that everyone knows.

If you have any questions about this ruling, please contact me at this
email address.

In Service,
Lord Siegfried Sebastian Faust - Deputy Society Earl Marshal for Combat
Archery

Siegfried Sebastian Faust - http://crossbows.biz/
Barony of Highland Foorde - Kingdom of Atlantia
Society Combat Archery Marshal __._,_.___