[Ansteorra-archery] Namron Archery Cancelled

Ulf Gunnarsson ulfie at cox.net
Sun Nov 30 21:42:29 PST 2008

Iaen wrote:
> Ulf I might suggest a bit of reading on your part.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sami_people  pay particular attention to
> the 3rd paragraph.  :o)

I cannot help it if the weaker blood of my cousin's descendants has
allowed these Lapps, these Sami, to live in the south of Norway.  In my
time they were only to be found in the wastes of Halogaland, far to the
north or east of there in Finnmark.

King Harold Fairhair has married Snaefrid, the daughter of one King
Svase, a Lapp.  By her magic she bewitched him and made him forget his
kingdom and from her came four sons.  She died and her corpse lay
uncorrupted for three years.  But Harold has come to his senses and
returned to his kingship.

It has been prophesied that his son (by another queen), Eirik Bloodaxe,
will marry Gunnhildr, daughter of Ozur Toti, who he will "rescue" from
the Lapps to whom she had been sent by her father for the purpose of
being trained in witchcraft. She will use the Lapp's magic against many
for her husband to ensure his kingship.

So you see, I perforce am wary of Lapps.

Ulf Gunnarsson
...written here at what the Christians call the end of the 9th century.