[Ansteorra-archery] Archery Discussion

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Wed Oct 1 15:15:06 PDT 2008

Eric Brown wrote:

> We in recent years have come to gulf with fewer Archers than Trimaris,

Before we say that we need to look at the data to make sure we
understand what is really going on.  The data does not support such a
statement.

For instance, looking at last years data:

Ansteorra had  61 Bows inspected and 3368 pieces of Ammo
Trimaris    had 43 Bows inspected and  3129 pieces of Ammo

So I don't think that there is data to say that in recent years we have
come to the war with fewer archers than Trimaris.  We should have been
able to field nearly half again as many archers as Trimaris.   Perhaps
our archers just didn't show up for all the battles where they were
needed and those from Trimaris did.  Perhaps more of our archers are
part-time archers and were often wielding some other weapon and perhaps
Trimaris has more dedicated archers.

What the data does show is that Ansteorra archers on average only came
with about 55 pieces of Ammo per bow while the archers from Trimaris
came with on average about 73 pieces of ammo per bow.  So in general the
Trimarian archers were better equipped and individually were going to be
able to shoot more and have to conserve less and have the needed ammo to
be able to pour on the shots when needed.

Regards,

-EA