[Ansteorra-archery] Ansteorra-archery Digest, Vol 33, Issue 24

debbnglenn debbnglenn at centurytel.net
Tue Feb 10 17:58:15 PST 2009

Isn't it sad and ironic that the reason we are being removed from the
battlefield is the same reason that knights would have liked to remove
archers from the fields of Agincourt or Crecy.
"Oh its not fair, too many of we important people are getting killed."
"Oh noes!!! The sky is full of sharp pointy things!"
Say what you will but what is happening to the S.C.A. in fighting and
especially C.A. is going to turn it into something else.
I am just glad I will be too old to play in the "New and improved" S.C.A. by
the time they finally push C.A. out.
Of course...it helps that I can still swing a stick but I have been hearing
the sound of "You hit too hard!" a little more often lately too.
Ansteorra has just not gone that way yet....but it is coming......it
is...inexorable.
I think I hear sad harmonica music.

Reinhardt Stahlhelm