[Ansteorra-archery] Greetings....I need some help from someone in the Military

Crandall crandalltwo-scalists at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 5 21:27:57 PST 2009

Minor details: Gold crossed arrows on a blue field with a crown to chief i s a province in Sweden.

Crossed arrows in the pueblo or hopi tribes sometimes meant "friendship".

Three crossed arrows with 4 stars on blue is the aide to the Secretary of Defense.

An eagle holding 3 crossed arrows is on my Army Commendation Medal.

A crossed arrow stamp in pottery is the mark of Porzellanfabrik Kalk G.m.b.H. from the 1900's.

2 white crossed arrows on a blue banner is registered to the Lake George Power Squadron in NY.

Major detail:
The Special Forces officer branch inherited its insignia - two crossed arrows - from the Indian scouts, several of whom earned Medals of Honour while serving U.S. Forces in almost every major campaign. Crossed arrows were a symbol of peace to the U.S. Scouts, which were inactivated in 1939. However, the crossed arrows served the 1st Special Service Force through World War II, and some Special Forces officers at Fort Bragg began wearing them unofficially on their collars in the Sixties. In April 1987 a separate branch of the Army was created for Special Forces officers, who then formally

Crandall, Olde Phart

"In all life one should comfort the afflicted, but verily, also, one should afflict the comfortable, and especially when they are comfortably, contentedly, even happily wrong." -John Kenneth Galbraith