[Ansteorra-archery] Greetings....I need some help from someone in the Military

Donnchadh Beag mac Griogair donnchadh at cornelius.norman.ok.us
Thu Feb 5 18:46:02 PST 2009

I believe that the emblem Lance was talking about is just two arrows in
saltier.  Not a specific badge or emblem that is specific to Special
Forces.  Yes they are used by the Special Forces, but they have been in
use for centuries before that for other purposes as well.  He was just
trying to find a ready source of the emblem.

Now if he wanted wear the emblem on an Army uniform, that would be
completely different.  Then again, it wouldn't matter if you wore a
white or red belt outside of an SCA setting either.  Context is important.

To sum up, I don't see any disrespect using something as generic as two
crossed arrows outside of a US Military setting.

Baron Donnchadh