[Ansteorra-archery] Gulf War

Chuck Kaun jack_a_lope31 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 9 22:54:39 PST 2009

Tie your arrows or bolts together in groups of 15.  Shove the bundle in your quiver, until the knot, go back (if its halfway down the ravine, thats about 100 yards, not that long of a walk).  Doing this will cut down on your reload time.

Guys, its not going to change so instead of getting annoyed, put your heads together and think outside the box.  Find ways to make your reload go faster, talk to other archers who are in at the same time to find out where the best places to shoot are.  Maybe get a bunch together and make a killing volley in a single spot in the line before you spread back out.

This is actually doing us a favor by letting us get out of that "gotta shoot fast and get rid of my ammo" and make you select your targets because of the ammo restriction.  Volleys are nice, snipers are better.

Just my thoughts but im gonna see if I cant work this to my advantage somehow.

Karl Thorgeirsson

Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 21:58:23 -0600From: eadric at scabrewer.comTo: ansteorra-archery at lists.ansteorra.orgSubject: Re: [Ansteorra-archery] Gulf WarOK,  I gotta ask this because It is something that I have been considering.  Remembering that Res Point is technically on the battlefield...If you go through the trouble of getting someone authorized and in armor so that they can be on the field,  is it better to have them back at res point handing you 15 arrows at a time... or better to have them up in the thick of things shooting at people.Regards,-EA   Ken Theriot wrote:

I will be attending.  The ammo limitation is not really a huge difference for me, as a long-bow guy, especially now that the heads on our arrows are thicker.  I can only fit about 20 arrows in my quiver at this point anyway.  I know that’s gonna be different for the cross-bow folks, though.  I have someone who will be at the res-point holding out 15 arrows at a time for me so I don’t have to waste any more time than necessary.

Kenneth

From: Mike Wyvill [mailto:wyvillmike at hotmail.com] Sent: Monday, February 09, 2009 3:44 PMTo: ansteorra-archery at lists.ansteorra.orgSubject: [Ansteorra-archery] Gulf War

Archers of Ansteorra!! Who is planning to defend the Crown in March?! Please respond here, especially as we have to make plans as to how we are going to deal with the ammo limitation in the Ravine! Engenulf de VienvilleLieutenantCompany of Saint Sebastian