[Ansteorra-archery] How to increase TA, TW, and CA

ld.blackmoon ld.blackmoon at cox.net
Mon Jan 12 21:22:13 PST 2009

greetings

not to change your mind , but to correct some of the observations ; )
>Partially it is fun to watch people beat on each
other:-)
oh, like high school ,, now i see .
>They have areas set up for
spectators,
nope , participants and those wishing to watch set up their own pavilions , unless your speaking of the baronial / kingdom pavilions ?
> they have heralds announcing who is fighting, who is
winning, what is happening, and who won, so it is to follow,
would be nice , but most of the hearalds this far north want to herald the heavy / rapier fields .so you better grab and bribe your prospective herald early ; )
>they even
have some refreshments
again , nope , they get the same refreshments everyone else gets , just lots more of them and people to serve them .
but having our own is a very good idea ; )
would really hate to think that someone that gets beat over the head all
the time has been out thinking me:-)
now ,now , vincenti , you should know by now , not to give me straight lines like that 8 )~~

now for a couple you left out ..
make the range more eye appealing , ( like eldern's poles and flags ) , or one i like , have little shield shaped banners with all of you past champions devices drawn on them , and hung from the safety ropes , if you don't have enough to fill the line, make blanks and fill them in later ; )
have a dedicated " wagon " driving people to and from the ranges , with room for pavillions, chairs, coolers , etc.
set up your  pavillions near the ranges with extra chairs for spectators .
design and advertise your tourneys , so that they attract attention . ( ikac and royals are for practices and before or after tourneys )
you might be surprised at how many people come to watch if it sounds interesting enough .

>For TW what about having more than one target and more than one thrower
at a time? It seems that every event I have been at there is always only
one at a time.

your biggest problems there are going to be , each thrower needs his / her own marshal , all throwers would have to be throwing at the same time , and there would have to be safety range adjustments , so for the most part , you have the same problems in ta as you do in tw , you have to plan an interesting throw or shoot , and plan it to keep moving , its the dead time will be called boring ; )

a boring tourney is a boring tourney , weather its on the heavy field or the archery range .

personaly, i would like to start getting together at events with both tw and ta marshals so that maybe we can plan some more interesting shoots / throws .

does this sound doable ??
>The more we help each other and the more that we build these events the
bigger and better they can be!

we need to have this pretty much worked out very soon ,  if june is gonna fly on its own ; )

be safe, be happy, have fun
arthur