[Ansteorra-archery] Royal Huntsman

Greg Coffman baroniago at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 18 16:21:35 PST 2009

Having read this, it reads as if I'm being dismissive of Arthur's
concerns, and for that, I apologize to Arthur.

I've only been able to enter RH a few times. I speak from the
experience of having entered all but five or six Queen's Champion
lists since 1992.  The single most painful thing I have ever done in
the SCA when I had to drop out of Valeria's second.

However, the very nature of being a royal champion is to be the
champion not of Ansteorra, but of its Crown.  The best fighters, or
in this case archers, may not make the best champions.

I will leave discussion of your suggestions below to those more
involve in the archery community than I.

Iago