[Ansteorra-archery] Royal Huntsman

Rose M. Welch love at roseandchad.net
Wed Nov 18 17:51:12 PST 2009

Greetings,

I've heard quite a few archers talk about how well things are going for archery, where we are having events for archery instead of being a side note, and how much of an improvement that is. I've seen how many people turned out to GAA, despite the weather, and how many archers show up when there's a shoot, even without a title or award attached.

I can certainly see how it would be frustrating to work so hard on this period skill, and finally get an event and Kingdom recognition, only to be told that there won't be any standards for the position, like the heavy and light communities have, and that the person deciding each year is going to be someone who probably isn't an archer and cares more about how we look at Gulf Wars than what the community wants.

Now, I'm not saying that our Kings don't care, or won't take the time to find out, but it seems like that's what alot of us feel like, some in approval and some in frustration.

I think that, in theory, the King should want what's best for the community? In light of that, the community should have an idea of what they want, in order to express that idea to him for his consideration.

I think this is a very interesting discussion, and that it's been useful in understanding how the archery community feels about it's standing.

Rose the Obnoxious

Music does not mean plastic disc. News does not mean paper. Innovation does not mean patent. Movie does not mean theater. Voice does not mean phone. Internet does not mean web. Ad does not mean commercials. Mobile device does not mean phone. Trademark does not mean property right. Organic does not mean healthy. Green does not mean good for the environment.