[Ansteorra-archery] Royal Huntsman

Greg Coffman baroniago at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 18 20:13:36 PST 2009

Um. What standards do the heavy and light communities have in regards
to King's Champion and Queen's Champion?  The job description is
usually spelled out the day of the event. You win a tournament and
you're the champion. Sometimes the king picks a champion out of the
final few fighters remaining.  Sometimes the Queen has a single
elimination list or has the fights go to first blood. (Both are rare,
but both have been done.)

Again, being Royal Huntsman means being the personal champion of the
crown of Ansteorra. It isn't being the champion of Ansteorra. There
is a HUGE difference. Please, don't try to tell the crown how to pick
their champion. If they care enough to specify a format and a job
description, they must care.

Don Iago
Bjornsborg