[Ansteorra-archery] [Ansteorra] Combat Archery Challenge

Doug Copley doug.copley at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 09:13:02 PDT 2011

I like the contest and it looks like it would be fun to compete in!

I do have a concern about it being used for a Baronial Championship.
Since it requires that each participant be fully armored and authorized
as a Combat Archer it would seem that it would limit the field of those
that could compete significantly.

At the Barony of Namron's Championship that is held at Beltane we have
in the neighborhood of 38 to 40 (in the adult tourney) that compete for
the title and with this restriction that number would drop to less than
15 that could compete.

Is there a way to run it that does not require Combat Archery authorization?

Have other baronies run it with this restriction and if so how did it
affect the participation and the reception?

YIS,
Vincenti