[Ansteorra-archery] Crossbow Prods for sale?

Doug Copley doug.copley at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 06:07:42 PDT 2011

I have done many searches for fiberglass prods and you basically have a
choice of 150# or 150#. All of the 50# and 80# prods that I found were
for pistol crossbows and were only 17" across.

My search was in relation to target archery. Fiberglass is more
efficient in the transfer of energy than steel or aluminum so the same
poundage, same draw, and same bolt will shoot the bolt faster from
fiberglass.

Fiberglass is also supposed to be more uniform, last longer, and do not
rust. You would want to wrap them in leather though so that they look
better:-)

I just bought 3 steel prods from http://www.slobowscrossbows.com/ and
paid $65 each for them. I was able to get these in the poundage that I
wanted so that I could custom design each of the crossbows for the
people that will be shooting them.

For our combat crossbows we have all been using the aluminum prods and
have never had a problem with any of them.

Vincenti