[Ansteorra-archery] Crossbow Prods for sale?

Danny Miller dannym at austin.rr.com
Tue Oct 4 11:15:43 PDT 2011

I have a CNC-driven fiberglass grinder whose only purpose is to MAKE
fiberglass recurved crossbow prods.

What overall draw length are you looking for?  A lot of the aluminum
ones use 3" brace height + 7" power stroke for a 10" Overall Draw.  I
use a 3" brace but prefer to cut for a 10" power stroke.  What that
means is instead of drawing 86# @7" power stroke,  you'd draw 60# @
10".  The extra length is no extra drawing effort at all, but extra lbs
is.  It depends on whether you're working from a historical design that
might look out of proportion with a longer draw.  A lot of Iolo's stuff
used 12" overall draw, so it's not out of proportion to speak of if the
design works with it.

Oznog