[Ansteorra-archery] Crossbow Prods for sale?

Brandon McDermott brandonsmcd at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 4 11:27:54 PDT 2011

How much?

Count Lochlan Dunn

________________________________
From: Danny Miller <dannym at austin.rr.com>
To: Archery within the Kingdom of Ansteorra <ansteorra-archery at lists.ansteorra.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 4, 2011 1:15 PM
Subject: Re: [Ansteorra-archery] Crossbow Prods for sale?

I have a CNC-driven fiberglass grinder whose only purpose is to MAKE fiberglass recurved crossbow prods.

What overall draw length are you looking for?  A lot of the aluminum ones use 3" brace height + 7" power stroke for a 10" Overall Draw.  I use a 3" brace but prefer to cut for a 10" power stroke.  What that means is instead of drawing 86# @7" power stroke,  you'd draw 60# @ 10".  The extra length is no extra drawing effort at all, but extra lbs is.  It depends on whether you're working from a historical design that might look out of proportion with a longer draw.  A lot of Iolo's stuff used 12" overall draw, so it's not out of proportion to speak of if the design works with it.

Oznog

Greetings,