[Ansteorra-archery] An Idea from an Old Fart was Re: Royal Huntsman - Special Tourney Rules***

Adam Edwards wilim.penbras at pandora.org
Wed Feb 15 07:33:20 PST 2012

Hi Guys,
      Most of you don't know me and that's a wonderful thing.  It means
the communties grown nicely since I left the Kingdom.  So ... uhm....
BIG Stink over the RH Tourney.

      I know a lot of people aren't CA authorized and the current format
for the Huntsman Tourney is placing A LOT, like Supreme Value on CA.
So... why don't we ask TRH if the CA round can be assigned point values
like any other target round would be.  You know the old 1 point for a
wound, 2 points for a disabling wound and 5 points for an outright
kill.  Well the exact point values are irrelevant just so long as
they're fair.

     CA segment can be included, CA authorization required to compete in
that round but not having a CA authorization doesn't eliminate you it
just puts you at a disadvantage cause you better have enough points
already totaled up because you're going to be sitting out a round.  So
yeah... the REALLY hot target archers can still win, but those of us
that have spent time off the range shooting at less static targets get
some value placed on that investment.

      I mean sure, Shooting with a helm and gauntlet and CA blunts is a
lovely nod to CA but good god, I know people that spend their weekends
shooting @ cans on strings from 20yds away and why should THEIR effort
in perfecting their shooting be reduced to a static shoots in Armor.

     So yeah,   however many rounds of Static Shooting and a final
*Bonus* round of shooting at Moving, Cunning, Stealthy targets, that
shoot back for those people who have invested time in this other aspect
of shooting.

In Service,
      Wilim Penbras