[Ansteorra-archery] Lady of the Lake?

Sebastian sebastianf at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 20 18:05:15 PDT 2012

Ld Francois;

    I commend you for your efforts in building an archery community in Bonwicke,
good luck.  To the best of my knowledge we have never had an archery manual
other than the Academy of the Bow booklets.  In fact for a number of years no
one even taught archery and that is why I was the first one to start teaching
formal classes in archery to the best of my knowledge.  You are right we are
over due for another Academy of the Bow, an issue I am looking into.

    As for guidance in becoming an Arc D' Or, there is no set of specific
guidlines.  What is expected varies depending on which member of the Order you
ask.  Some members want better shooting, or teaching ability or crafting skills
or service to the kingdom or more period equipment.  The same holds true with
the White Scarf.  None of the Grant or Peerage level awards have a written set
of specific guidelines that I am aware of.  They would be too much like merit
badges if that were the case.  My personal opinion has always been that
one should not strive to achieve an award, you should earn the award because you
did what was right because it was the right thing to do.  I am always willing
to teach someone archery but I am not good at telling them how to win "the"
award (archery or rapier).

    I realize I may not have told you what you wanted to hear, but I will always
help the archery community as best I can.  If there is anything else I can help
with please let me know.

Sebastian