[Ansteorra-archery] Period-ness, when is a bow not period due to the string?

Frank Schalles francisschalles at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 22:02:43 PDT 2013

If we restricted the period shoots to only hemp or flax strings, how
many would participate?

The point I am trying to make here is that to shoot period bows and
crossbows we allow modern materials for the sake of increased
participation in period Royal Rounds. As a community we need more
period Royal Rounds. Now that we agree that we can use modern
materials for the strings, there is less restriction, and hopefully
more participation in period shooting.

I would encourage each Archer in this Kingdom to consider in
participating in at least 2 period Royal Rounds in the next 3 months.
Make or borrow a period bow or crossbow and participate for the honor
of Ansteorran Archery.

Yours in Service,
Ld. Francois de Lions
Keeper of the Royal Rounds