[Ansteorra-archery] Period-ness, when is a bow not period due to the string?

Ld.blackmoon ld.blackmoon at cox.net
Tue Apr 16 05:37:16 PDT 2013

greetings

 while there are some of the requirements for " period " royal round that
can keep people from shooting in that devision ( no shelf, no
fiberglass,period nocks, etc. ) not to mention the fact that it seems rare
to find local bowyers / fletchers in a group .
the biggest hurdle i have seen for the royal round ( period or open ) is "
marshal boredom "... i have seen many marshals only want to run one shoot at
their events, whether this is due to time constraints, or just wanting to go
do other things at events, i'm not certain. but many marshals over the years
have also stated that royal rounds / ikacs were boring. i believe that this
is due to the fact that many of them shot the royal round for years, and no
longer find them a challenge, or in some cases , no longer score as well as
they used to. so there is no excitement left for them. so they set up other
shoots instead, and when those are done they call it a day , forgetting how
exciting it used to be to reach that new level, and get that new tassel...
forgetting that to a lot of nubies , the royal round is exciting , and new ,
and how they judge themselves against other archers in and out of kingdom

there are interkingdom competitions in most missile activities , ikac's (
which include royal round scores ) and seasonal challenges for archery . and
twic's for thrown weapons.  and probably something out there for seige.
at one time we ( ansteorra ) were always in the top 5 at least for some of
the divisions, and it was a big deal . but it seems that as membership has
dropped so has the pride in our kingdoms missile  rankings, both in and out
of kingdom. : (

basicly to get more royal rounds shot / scored , i believe will depend on
getting the marshals excited about them again .

just my opinion
Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun .
Arthur